My name is Michal Ruprecht and I am an 18-year-old soaring high school senior at Grosse Pointe North High School. My hometown is Grosse Pointe, Michigan. Although I was born in America I am bilingual, speaking both English and Polish. In the future I hope to become trilingual and add Spanish to my list. I have a passion for science, technology, journalism, music, baking and cooking, travel, and swimming.
● Synthesis of "three-legged" tri-dentate podand ligands incorporating long-chain aliphatic moieties, for water remediators, and for isolating metal ions in non-aqueous solution
In the news
● Letter of Recognition from the United States Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.
● Member of the National Honors Society chapter at GPN HS.
● Multiple AP courses sophomore through senior year. 10 credits in 4 years.
● Multiple science courses sophomore through senior year. 8 credits in 4 years.
● No non-academic elective courses.
● American Chemistry Society CIBA Travel Award for Green Chemistry Research (first high schooler recipient)
● Network of Educators in Science and Technology Student Award
● AP Scholar with Distinction Award
● Spanish Student of the Year Award
● Third place winner of American Chemistry Society Chemical History of Food Essay Contest
● ACT National Career Readiness Gold Level Certificate
● Superior ratings from Michigan Music and MSBOA Festivals for violin and piano solos and duets
● GPN HS Varsity Letter received freshman year
● High place finishes from Lakefront Swimming Association Finals
● Susan Speirs, biology teacher at GPN HS
● Shari Adwers, journalism adviser at GPN HS
● Dr. Shunbin Xu, Professor of Anatomy and Cell Biology at Wayne State University School of Medicine
● Dr. Mark Benvenuto, Chemistry Dept Chair at the University of Detroit Mercy
● Brian White, counselor at GPN HS